Ina ora te wāhine, ka ora te whānau, ka ora te hapū, ka ora te iwi e! - When women are in good health, the whānau, hapū and iwi will flourish
The aim of the service is to support the right of women and children to live free from violence and abuse. We do this by providing services that are accessible, non-judgmental and appropriate. A victim of family violence experiences feelings of isolation, embarrassment, confusion and helplessness. While there aren't any easy answers, there is help. No one should have to live with the threat of violence and abuse.
You are not alone.
You are not to blame.
You deserve to feel safe.
We offer a range of services to women who are or who have experienced family violence. All our services for women are free and confidential and are available for as long as they need or want them.
We can help you with the following:
- Immediate support (by phone or in-person)
- Crisis counselling
- Information and options to help you make informed decisions
- Planning for your safety and the safety of your children
- Support to access and/or refer you to other helping agencies.
- To obtain a protection order. We can tell you how they work, how to get one including the referral to a lawyer
- Ongoing one-on-one support by telephone or in-person to achieve your family violence prevention goals