He kokonga whare e kitea, he kokonga ngakāu e kore e kitea - A corner of a house may be seen and examined; not so the corners of the heart.
Te Puawaitanga is a programme for women experiencing difficulties in regulating or managing anger. In situations where anger arises, people experience a range of physical, emotional and psychological symptoms and are at risk of engaging in verbal and physical intimidation or abuse of others.
How can it help me?
The programme can help you understand:
- past experiences of anger
- how whānau is affected by anger and violence.
- alternative ways to deal with anger and the anger of others
- the process of change, and be able to identify which changes you need to make in your life in order to keep your partner and children safe.
- how to communicate more effectively and build strong relationships within your whānau.
- the skills that will help you deal with any potential conflicts that may arise in the future
Group sessions: Wednesday's 10 am - 12 pm